First Capital Engineering, Inc., a successful multi-disciplinary civil engineering firm with excellent client relationships, seeks an energetic Administrative Assistant. Our staff is the key to our success and this individual shall team with other in-house professionals to offer superior services while working in an enjoyable environment. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, filing, assisting the principals of the firm, and faxing.
Essential Functions of the Administrative Assistant:
- Schedule and organize activities such as meetings, travel, and conferences.
- Establish, develop, maintain and update filing system for Senior Managers. Retrieve information from files when needed.
- Establish, develop, maintain and update a library of trade journals and magazines.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and calls.
- Sort and distribute mail. Draft written responses or reply by phone or e-mail when necessary.
- Respond to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answer phones. Take messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Type and design general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes.
- Assist with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and a “self-starter”
- Minimum 5 years Administrative Assistant experience
- Proficient in typing, formatting, and preparing reports, correspondence, bulk mailings, and various documents of a technical and confidential nature
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with a strong attention to detail
- Sound judgment capability and maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Internet research
- Desire to succeed and excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
FCE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Profit Sharing
First Capital Engineering is an award-winning company! In 2009, we were named one of the Best Places to Work in PA and in 2010 we were named the Small Business of the Year by the York County Chamber of Commerce and by the Central Penn Business Journal.
Visit our website, www.fcap.com for more information! Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]